The Manotick Cooperative Nursery School was “born” January 1959 on a bitterly cold morning in the basement of Manotick Public School. Fees were set at $15/month with rent at $10/month. The first newsletter reminded parents there was a 7 day exclusion policy for polio. At that time, kindergarten classes had not been established in the local school so Manotick Co-operative Nursery School attempted to fill the needs of both pre-school and kindergarten-aged children.
After extensive fundraising, Manotick Co-operative Nursery School secured its own permanent home in the Manotick Community Center (5572 Doctor Leach Drive) in September 1995.
Today we are one of the longest running and most well-attended preschools in Ottawa. We look forward to yet another 50 years of learning and growing in the community.